RPS: A Mini History: Bits & Pieces
Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
Good Samaritan Hall
The annual report of February 1,1877, lists Good Samaritan Hall as a rented "school house" with an annual rental of $100.
According to a reliable source, this building was located at the corner of Sixth & Duval Streets, near Navy Hill School.