RPS: A Mini History: Bits & Pieces
Much of the history of the Richmond Public Schools was recorded in the context of a segregated society, and the reader should readily discern between pre- and post-desegregation observations. The terms "black," "colored," "Negro," and "white" in this booklet should not be considered offensive as they have been used according to the custom of the particular period. Since 1962, the division has omitted such racial designations from its reports and publications.
Reid School 1301 Whitehead Road
Acquired in 1970 by annexation from Chesterfield County, Reid School was reportedly named for a former Chesterfield principal.
Under Plan III, Reid was paired with George Mason.
In 1983, the construction of a jogging and exercise course for school and community use was funded by a grant from the State Commission of Outdoor Recreation and the PTA.
|1991-1992||815 (Pre-K-grade 5)|
|Principal:||1970-1984||James Frederick Jervis|
|1984-1986||Barbara J . Walker|
|1986-1987||Lynnette S. Arrington|
|1987-1990||Ronald Eugene Herman|
|1990-1991||Arthur Edward Ooghe, Jr.|
|1991||Robert J. Johnson|