Richmond Public Elementary Schools
Swansboro Elementary School
Built:1912, addition in 1915, and 1951.
Established: 1914 (originially known as Franklin School)
Acquired: 1914 (by annexation from Chesterfield County)
History: The school was closed in 1979. Franklin Military School opened at this location in 1980 and retained the Franklin name after it relocated, so the school's name was changed when it reopened as an elementary school in 1986.
Focus: Enrichment in literacy
Motto: "Education is a Team Effort!"
Mascot: The Friendly Dolphins
Colors: magenta and azure
School Tree: The Majestic Magnolia